They say a ‘change is as good as a holiday’ and that can definitely be the case when it comes to changing your hair colour.
It can be one of those ‘holidays‘ where you come back feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world, or it could be one of those holidays you book on the spur of the moment and later wonder what you were thinking.
Here are 5 Things to Keep in Mind When Going for a Big Change in Your Hair Colour….
1. Do your research. Get really clear on what you actually want. Have a look at photos and decide what you like and don’t like. Pinterest is a great web site for that. Save the pictures you like on your phone and take them in to your stylist.
2. Make sure you tell your stylist when you make your hair appointment that you have a change in mind. It will more than likely take longer than your usual appointment.
3. Remember that your colour change may take more than one visit to achieve your look, so be patient.
4. Use a professional shampoo and conditioner to ensure your hair stays healthy. Healthy hair holds colour better and stays shiny longer than dry, brittle hair.
5. Lastly, embrace your new look. Let it inspire you to try other new things in your life so you can enjoy lots of little ‘holidays’.